In honor and in the spirit of the works of Sergio Ortino, the founder of Federal Studies in South Tyrol, the EURAC-Institute for Studies on Federalism and Regionalism creates the program called EURAC Federal Scholar in Residence. It is primarily dedicated to experts who wish to present and publicly discuss federal and regional questions that are of importance to legislators and legislative staff as well as the international academic community. It shall promote comparative research at the European Academy of Bolzano/Bozen (EURAC) and aims at weaving experts and their networks in order to develop and advance comparative federal studies. Therefore, academics, post-docs and practitioners in federalism and intergovernmental relations are encouraged to apply. We mostly welcome applications which are in line with our research fields.
In sum, the EURAC Federal Scholar in Residence Program is:
- a public acknowledgement of excellence not carrying any monetary prize, but covering the costs of a research stay at the EURAC-Institute for Studies on Federalism and Regionalism
- a possibilty to present own research findings publicly and engage into face-to-face discussions with a group of international experts in constitutional law and comparative politics at EURAC
- an occasion for academics, post-docs and practitioners to extend and share their knowledge in multilevel government and governance in the beautiful Dolomites, especially from a legal and/or political science perspective
- a possibility to enhance cooperation and discussions between scholars in the fields of comparative federalism and intergovernmental relations
- an opportunity to develop new project ideas while being part of the international research environment in early February when also the EURAC’s Winter School on Federalism and Governance takes place
Please find all information as to formal requirements and selection procedure on the next pages. For further inquiries please write an Email.