1a/2018: Monitoring Centre on Autonomies. The Autonomy of South Tyrol and of the Region Trentino Alto-Adige/South Tyrol
The Monitoring Centre on Autonomies' goal is to accompany scientifically the development of the South Tyrolean Autonomy. With the scope of a long-term analysis the Institute documents, researches and discusses recent topics of general interests on public events and in scientific publications.
One focus of the research of the last two years has been the recent tentative constitutional reform and its potential impact on the local reality.
In order to draw lessons for South Tyrol from other autonomous territories a second pillar of this project is the permanent monitoring of contemporary autonomy arrangements in the world. Furthermore, political consulting is one of the project's main tasks.
Some projects as place for public discussions and seminars:
Series of discussions on South Tyrolean Autonomy
Consultancy on trends in regionalization in Italy for the Council of Europe
Consultancy on the institutional reform of the Autonomous Province of Trento
Some projects with the research focuses on the South Tyrolean Autonomy:
• Statute of the Autonomy (only in German and Italian)
• Italian constitution (only in German and Italian)
• Observatory on Autonomy: Collection of legislation and case law related to the two Autonomous Provinces of Trento and Bolzano
• South Tyrolean Landesgesetze: LexBrowser (only in German in Italian)
• Information on law terminology: BISTRO (German)